Hey, I’m Patricia!
I tutor Primary Maths and Secondary Geography and English.
I love sharing tips how to study and prepare exams, from personal experience when i was young and a mature student. I love the 1:1 or small group experience of devoting quality time that leads to really understanding the student’s learning style and then I can adapt to their learning needs. I love the rewarding feeling when a student’s eyes light up and you know they get it. It is an honour to know I’m making a difference in students lives.
My style is freestyle, meaning I do initial assessment during first few sessions, whilst delivering the lesson. Then I know their strengths and weaknesses. Within this free style I promise there is structure, but I very much tailor my sessions to each individual. I always like to give feedback of progress to the parents or guardian. I tend to have everyone involved that needs informed as this is wholesome approach and it is best for the learner.
And some other important questions…
- What’s your style of tutoring? I tend have a empowering and encouraging approach in the students learning journey. It must be fun, learning has to be a two way process and only then results happens.
- What’s your education / background? BA (Hons) Leeds University – Degree level in Media with Communication and Cultural studies. PGCFE teaching qualification in Further Education. Trained in Social and Emotional Intelligence, BSL level 1 sign language.
- What’s in your fridge? Cheese, veg and chocolate.
- What are your hobbies? Home crafting, Rambling walks in the countryside, star gazing, baking and going to the cinema.
- What is a fun fact about you? I grew up by the Irish coast as I’m Irish, but never learned to swim. I’m learning now and I love it.